By entering this Competition, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor and the third parties
it has engaged to assist it in administering the Competition with respect to all aspects of the Competition are final. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Best Conversation Ever (TM) Competition (the “Competition”) is sponsored by Globalive Wireless Management Corp. (“WIND Mobile” or the “Sponsor”). The Competition begins at 12:00:01 AM (ET) on January 24, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 07, 2011 (the “Competition Period”). All times are Eastern Time.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to legal residents of Canada who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and who are not employees of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, its media sponsors, or the third parties engaged by Sponsor to assist it in administering the Competition or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner and/or spouse. Entrants under the age of majority must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Competition and if a prize winner, to act on his/her behalf in regard to completing the Release Form (if applicable), answering the Skill testing Question and accepting a Prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION: To enter the Competition and be eligible for the Grand Prize, visit www.bestconversationever.ca (the “Competition Website”) or www.facebook.com/windmobile (the “Facebook Site”) and click the “Like” button on the WIND Mobile Fan page. Next, select the Competition icon and complete the entry form (the “Entry Form”) with your full name, complete mailing address, daytime telephone number (including area code) and a valid email address. Next, confirm that you are 13 years of age or older, complete the captcha code, and confirm compliance with the Official Competition Rules and if you wish to do so, indicate whether you would like to receive future communication from the Sponsor. Upon doing so, click the “Continue to Step 2” button to upload your video submission or written submission (each herein referred to as a “Submission”). For Submission format and content, see rule 6. Upon doing so, click the “Submit” icon and your Submission will be reviewed by the Sponsor (or its designated representative) within 12 hours to determine if it meets the requirements outlined in rule 6. If the Sponsor in its sole discretion determines that your Submission is eligible, your Submission will be considered an official entry into the Competition and will be uploaded onto the Competition Website and the Facebook Site. Any Submission that the Sponsor and/or its designated representative(s) deems, in its/their sole discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and Regulations will not be posted. Use of any automated system to enter, or otherwise participate in this Competition is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All Submissions must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 07, 2011 (the “Closing Date”). You may only make one Submission during the Competition Period that will be eligible for the Grand Prize. You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Competition or only one (1) Facebook account per person.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SECONDARY PRIZE: There are three (3) ways to enter and be eligible for a Secondary Prize:
Use of any automated system to enter, or otherwise participate in this Competition is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All entries for a Secondary Prize must be received on or before the Closing Date. You may only use one (1) email address or only one (1) Facebook account or only 1 (one) Twitter account per person.
5. HOW TO VOTE FOR A SUBMISSION: To vote for a Submission, during the Competition Period, visit the Competition Website and/or the Facebook site and register to enter the Competition. After you have registered, you can click the “Vote” icon and select the Submission you would like to vote for. All Voting entries must be received by the Closing Date. Limit of one (1) vote per person per Submission per day. You may not vote for your own Submission. The Sponsor will not be responsible for and will be held harmless from any damages arising as a result of the manner in which an entrant promotes his/her Submission in order to obtain votes.
6. SUBMISSION FORMAT AND CONTENT.
A Submission satisfying the requirements set out above in rule 6 and submitted in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations will, subject to the discretion of the Sponsor, be an eligible entry.
7. WEEKLY COMPETITION PERIODS: The Competition Period is divided into six (6) Weekly Competition Periods and is as follows:
|Weekly Competition Period 1 – begins 12:00:01 AM (ET) on January 24, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on January 30, 2011|
|Weekly Competition Period 2 – begins 12:00:01 AM (ET) on January 31, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on February 06, 2011|
|Weekly Competition Period 3 – begins 12:00:01 AM (ET) on February 07, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on February 13, 2011|
|Weekly Competition Period 4 – begins 12:00:01 AM (ET) on February 14, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on February 20, 2011|
|Weekly Competition Period 5 – begins 12:00:01 AM (ET) on February 21, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on February 27, 2011|
|Weekly Competition Period 6 – begins 12:00:01 AM (ET) on February 28, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 07, 2011|
8.PRIZES: There are twenty three (23) Prizes available to be won.
9. GRAND PRIZE SELECTION:
The Winners of the Grand Prizes will be selected using a two-stage process:
Sponsor will attempt to contact each potential winner by mail or telephone within three (3) business days of being selected. If a potential winner (a) cannot be reached by mail or telephone within three (3) business days of being selected; (b) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question (see below); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see below), then he/she will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected from among the 100 eligible Submissions until such time as a Winner is declared or there are no more eligible Submissions. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a potential winner.
To be declared a Grand Prize winner, each potential winner (or parent or legal guardian if entrant is under the age of majority) must answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question posed by mail or telephone and will be required to sign a Release Form confirming compliance with the Official Competition Rules and Regulations, acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded, and releasing the Sponsor (and its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the parties engaged by Sponsor to assist it in administering the Competition and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns) from any liability in connection with the Prize or this Competition. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Grand Prize will be forfeited.
Winners will be announced by August 31, 2011. Grand Prizes will be arranged by the Sponsor as quickly as possible thereafter. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each Winner agrees that, given the nature of a Grand Prize, the Sponsor may require a significant amount of time in which to make best efforts to obtain the agreement of the applicable Personality to the Conversation and that therefore the Sponsor may take up to December 31, 2011 to deliver the Grand Prize.
10. SECONDARY PRIZE SELECTION PROCESS: Three (3) Secondary Prizes will be awarded during each Weekly Competition Period
(one (1) per Entry Method, see rule 4) for a total of eighteen Secondary Prizes.
To be declared a Secondary Prize winner, each potential winner (or parent or legal guardian if entrant is under the age of majority) must answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise a mathematical skill testing question. The Sponsor will attempt to contact each potential winnerby email within three (3) business days of being selected to confirm his/her identity. If a potential winner (a) does not respond to the email within five (5) business days of it being sent, or (b) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question then he/she will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected until such time as contact is made by email with a potential winneror there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a potential winner. Secondary Prizes will be mailed/couriered to winners within four (4) to six (6) weeks of being confirmed a winner.
11. GENERAL: By entering the Competition, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, judges and any third parties engaged by Sponsor to assist it in administering the Competition with respect to all aspects of the Competition. All such decisions are final.
12. The Sponsor and its agents accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Competition or any Prize associated with this Competition.
13. The Sponsor and its agents will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete or destroyed Submissions; all such entries are void. The Sponsor and its agents will not be liable for any failure of the Competition Website or Facebook, do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to void all votes made though any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method.
14. The Sponsor reserves the right, (for Québec only, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the province of Québec) to terminate or amend this Competition at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as originally planned, as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie to cancel the Competition. The Sponsor and the independent Competition organization shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Competition, including, but not limited to, any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of the entrant’s participation in this Competition.
15. For Québec residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Competition may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling; any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
16. All Submissions become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. All Submissions and related intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, become the sole property of the Sponsor, without compensation to entrant. Upon entry each entrant irrevocably waives all moral rights protecting the Submission. Submissions, may, throughout the Competition and thereafter, be distributed, used, reproduced, exhibited, donated, sold and/or displayed by the Sponsor throughout the world in any media, including without limitation on the Competition Website, the Sponsor’s corporate website, and in any other media as it shall elect, all without notice or compensation to entrant. Sponsor and its agents will not attempt to contact any Competition participants except Round 2 (Selection by Judges) selected entrants after the Closing Date. This Competition is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
17. The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor and its agents to administer the Competition. In addition, in making a Submission, you acknowledge and agree that your name and city of residence may be used (together with the Submission itself) on the Competition website and in other media at Sponsor’s sole discretion without any further compensation to you. Finally, if consent is given at the time of entry, Sponsor may use personal information collected from entrants to provide entrants with information regarding upcoming promotions relating to Sponsor’s products and/or events supported by Sponsor. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Sponsor, please visit www.windmobile.ca/privacy-policy.